CS5 Tutorials

1.15.2010

Hiatus OVER

Alright, well, after almost 3 years, I've decided to try this again. It's not that I have much more to say than I did before, but I have a little more experience at least, and so HOPEFULLY something will come of all that in terms of this blog.

The first thing I thought I might do is create a run down list (or more likely, a handful of blogs) about some of the equipment I use, some of the strengths, weaknesses and probably a few additional links. Hopefully some of you will find this information helpful.

I know for me, at least, it can be a little confusing when you step into a new area - whether it be a particular service, or a style of production, or a new type of client, or in this case a new piece of equipment. Now, the Internet is chock full of product reviews, but these are often folks using demo models from the manufacturer and generally just scratching the surface. In some cases, the equipment being reviewed doesn't even leave these folks' studios.

So what I hope to do is NOT provide an unbiased review (in fact, I promise to be completely biased, and completely honest, since it will be strictly my unpaid opinion). Rather, I intend to give useful real world insight into WHY I bought something, WHAT kinds of problems I was hoping to solve, WHERE I purchased from (and where I didn't purchase from) and WHO I consulted before purchasing (blogs, magazines, forums, etc.).

Oh, hrm...looks like I left out WHEN, didn't I? Well....I guess it might be relevant to point out how long I've used something, and what kinds of projects I've used it on. Of course, as you'll probably see, I have some equipment that I thought I would use (even thought that I absolutely NEEDED) that turned out to be an unnecessary purchase.

So here we go again...let's see if I can make something out of this.

No comments: